Fighting cocks!


The GDP might be more or less stagnant...The unemployment rate might be on the rise, especially due to the pandemic but one thing that has remained constant for as long as I can remember is the staggering crime level of our beloved country, Mauritius which has been termed by many as ‘the little paradise’…What is so heavenly about that?! You tell me…

From a satirical point of view, it is as if one favours physical beauty to leap into marriage... No wonder the divorce rate in the country is remarkably high... One cannot count on looks alone...Inner beauty is way more imperative…In the same vein, when you are on the look out for your next tourist destination, you would no doubt select the safest places to go to unless you want to invite hassles during your vacay…So the ball is in your court…Choose wisely... Needless to say, you have hit the jackpot when the chosen one is bestowed with both inner and outer beauty…

The news that catch most of our attention these days, is to our greatest dismay, the wrongdoings of the husband towards his Mrs…The man thinks he can play the Almighty and punishes the woman he tied the knot with whenever he deems fit…Grow up man! God’s shoes are way too big for you to fill…

Two weeks ago, however, a not so common felony occurred…a guy stabbed his father in law several times, consequently giving rise to a fervent discussion in my abode as to the plausible reasons behind this heinous act of violence…

The top of the list reason was to do with one’s fondness to a political party…That can indeed break the tightest of friendships…Have you seen two angry bulls locking horns?! That's how hubby and dad look like when they start to fight over which political party did this and which political party did that…Eishhh! You just want to run away from the room…The only thing that comes out of it is luckily no physical harm but a huge clash of ego...And I swear both of them have a colossal sense of self and they will each pull their end of the rope as far as possible…Till probably the rope itself splits…

When these two start, there’s no end to the arguments put forward…While they are probably having a charming time pulling each other’s legs in a sadistic way, they wind up pissing off anyone who is around…I am sometimes in awe as to how can someone be so passionate about something, especially that none of them know any politician on a personal level; none of them assist public political events and none of them are political affiliates…And yet…

The same probably goes to the football fans…I have seen many can easily go on a cold war with their closest friends just because the latter happen to fanatically love a different team than theirs…And I bet than none of them probably met a football player; none of them probably assisted a live match at the stadium and none of them probably even knows how to play football…But what they can do is fight tooth and nail over a team…These men are way beyond my understanding… They pretty much fight over petty things… Well we ladies are no less but that’s a whole different story for another time…

Since the occurrence of the brutal crime between the guy and his father in law, hubby is jokingly threatening my dad to be careful in his deliberations as the latter might be the next victim…And my mind begins to contemplate on the possibility of such a phenomenon between these two alpha males who are forced to stay under one roof due to the lockdown strategy imposed by the Government to contain the Covid-19 epidemic...

The only commonality between these two fighting cocks is me…I am the glue that sticks them together...If I were to illustrate this scenario in a Venn diagram, I would be the intersection…They both are in unanimous agreement of how lazy I am, how bad a cook I am and how non-frugal I am…

I remember when hubby went to ask my dad for my hand in marriage, it was literally love at first sight, or rather at first acquaintance...On top of the quintessential qualities in a groom as per my dad’s standards, they were both in total agreement as to how I  was perceived…They discussed for one and a half hour on how unthrifty I was and how irresponsible I was as I had no savings at all even after having worked for a couple of years already…

Had I known, I would never have got agreed to tie the knot…Who would want to get married with the worse version of your dad?! Damn...I later learnt hubby was referred to as ‘Shakuni Mamou’ by his friends; that great king’s brother in law who literally caused the great Kurukshetra war between the Pandavas and the Kauravas…So he has that knack at throwing missiles meant to disharmonize someone and then sits back to enjoy the scene in light of the waging fire...It forms part of his entertainment, as per his say, though deranged…Is that not what we call a sociopath?!

Anyways, sometimes, my dad remains as cool as a cucumber; maybe from so many years of meditation which ensures keeping his calm in the face of adversity but most of the times, I swear, we are engrossed in our very own little Mahabharata…

So when I fear things are getting out of hand in the midst of the dispute, especially when hubby just attacked, I cry out ‘Shakuni Mama has struck again’ and my dad would instantly cool down as he too has realised hubby’s unusual kick…

Another nickname hubby got from his college days is ‘Narad Muni’, who is the messenger of the Gods, famous for his habit of gossiping and creating havoc just by opening his mouth in the most inappropriate setting and subsequently causing chaos, whilst chanting ‘Narayan - Narayan’…So one needs to be extra careful with hubby around, especially when he is bored and needs to be entertained…

Coming to the crime, it actually consisted of a 17 year old who stabbed his father in law, aged 75, several times and the reasons are still unknown or maybe I missed them on the news…Either way, as appealing as being famous sounds, one does not want to be in the news for such a misdemeanor and I might have to act as the referee during those regular squabbles as long as lockdown is prevalent…May God help me...



Disclaimer: No harm intended for anybody and no sector in particular. This blog is purely for one’s entertainment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mom during the Pandemic = Pandemonium

Sleep Deprivation

PMSing