Sleep Deprivation


Did you know that sleep deprivation could make one turn into a nutjob, on top of all the accompanying pickles like dark circles, blurred vision, headaches and all day tiredness?!

 

Well now you know…I was always a light sleeper…I hear all sorts of noise while slumbering…I swear I could even hear our dog walking on the stone-chipped pathway outside when I was on the first floor…My husband used to call me crazy…

 

I even respond to questions I am asked whilst I am asleep…I swear…Ask my brother…He always used to barge into my room while I am in deep slumber snoring my dreams away and interrogate me and I would instantly answer him…All too correctly, so much so that he himself thought I was faking my snooze…

 

And I snore like a pig…Literally…Well in my house, we all do…I remember my sister in law once had to sleep between me and my brother and she said that we were both in sync as if we are taking part in a terrible musical concert whilst sleeping…It sounded funny except that she could not catch a wink during the whole night…

 

While having our famous pajama parties while we were growing up, none of my cousins wanted to sleep next to me or even in the same room for that matter…It was embarrassing…Not only that but whenever we go on family trips, there is always a room reserved for snorers where I am dumped along with the others…Eishhh…

 

And funny thing is that I pray that I sleep before them or else I am doomed for another sleepless night…My brother says I have sleep apnea and I could die in my sleep one day…It sounds insane but some people have died from this before…Not only that but sleep deprivation has contributed to a lot of risk factors affecting one’s health status...

 

I even considered going to a sleep doctor; formally referred to as a somnologist (yes, that’s a thing); to see how I can be treated…But I heard it costs a fortune…It is a pity how so less money is spent on the preventive stance rather than the curative one…If people could see more nutritionists, sleep doctors, fitness gurus amongst others, they would not have to spend that much on treatments as they will be fitter and healthier…But of course, that would be a huge loss for the medical personnel and the pharmaceutical companies…

 

Everyone buys a fitbit to keep track of the number of steps that they make per day…I basically bought it to keep track of the amount of time I sleep and its quality thereof…And also to prove to those around me that I have NOT had enough sleep and the grumbles of feeling so drained the next day is very much justifiable…

 

Hubby for one cannot fully understand how can someone spend so much time in bed but still feel fatigued the next morning…My mother in law is yet another person that feels the same and even says it aloud a couple of times…Quite annoying when one does not really know the full story…

 

I even bought a few gadgets to make me sleep better though I look like a monkey while sleeping…My two year old son could actually get scared looking at me like this, especially since he is lately looking for me a lot during night-time…

 

Moreover, this Covid-19 pandemic has totally ruined the little sleep I have been getting…I barely sleep at all from so much worry for the unknown future especially since so many are getting sick and dying around us…

 

I hope the sleep angel pays me a visit soon and assist me to fall into a dreamless slumber for hours on end, making the dark circles disappear once for all…

 

 

 

Disclaimer: This blog is purely for one’s entertainment and no harm is intended for anyone in particular…

Comments

  1. Haha! Very well written..I, too had assisted the duo concert! The mum & daughter one! Man, that was terrible!! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha..What can i say?! It runs in the family :)

      Delete
  2. u r unecessarily stressing too much. u need to relax.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Mom during the Pandemic = Pandemonium

PMSing