The Mom during the Pandemic = Pandemonium








I am sure many of you can relate to me that this Covid-19 pandemic has f***ed our lives beyond imagination; especially us working moms who have to juggle between trying to work from home (WFH - an acronym that is on everybody's lips these days) and parenting on a 24/7 basis, especially when you are breeding little monsters who fancy testing you and driving you crazy at every turn...Let me share with you a little secret, I have been hiding under the table or in the balcony with ear plugs in, just to evade the nagging little beasts or to simply enjoy some precious minutes of 'me time' so that i don't go bonkers well ahead of my time... 

The man of the house, on the other hand is desperately trying to give a helping hand but only succeeding in irritating me more by asking stupid questions all day long: "Should I change the baby's diaper?" "Should the kid wear a jacket?! It is quite windy outside!" "Can i offer the toddler a piece of chocolate?!" For God's sake, did the pandemic rob the man of the house from his common sense or what?! I swear, my mind is working overtime, thinking of 100 ways to kill the husband without getting caught...

Not to mention, if you are by any chance living with the big monster in law (Oops, did i just say that?! Well, what can i say?! My slip of the tongue speaks volumes), you are in for a treat...The MIL probably thinks you are on vacation leave and may decide to throw you a 'to do list' and retreat to her own room, possibly to try to find spiritual solace or to watch old Indian movies or to master the 101 ways to harass the daughter in law or whatever devil's work she has been assigned to in her old age...Knowing her, the former  seems more plausible...

Coming to the cooking part, I am one of those wretched souls who cannot actually cook (so says the hubby)...But in reality, I myself circulated the rumour just to free myself from this burden...I am indeed a lazy cow...At least,I am honest about it...I wish i could just lay my fat ass on the sofa and watch nice movies or enjoy a good read while yummylicious food is being served to me...I swear, I must have been a queen in my past life...Anyways, is it too much to ask from this life?! Had i known that i would be expected to indulge in household chores and cook and engage in parenting 24/7 and WFH for more than a straight month and counting, I would not have sacrificed my needs over the needs of others time and again. And i would have surely chosen a 2-rooms apartment to live in. At least, I would have completed the chores in 30 mins instead of 3hrs!! Eishhh..Life would have undoubtedly taken a different turn...

In the mean time, as if life was not hard enough as we speak, i am looking more and more like a baboon with graying hair and a bulging stomach from over-eating junk food...May pandemic be over, the only clothing that i will fit will be my pregnancy garments...And i hope i will not be asked when is my due date by nosy neighbours...I am also undergoing huge embarrassing pickles...my eyebrows are no more maintaining social distancing, to my greatest dismay...my hairs on my legs, arms and underarms, have grown almost as long as the grass outside and could do well with some braiding... My once immaculate nails have become brittle and fragile from too much of dishwashing, dusting, brooming, cleaning the bathroom, ironing and what not?! 

In light of the above, you can surely make out the pandemonium that this pandemic is generating and i will be personally shocked if half of the women population could actually come out of it with half of their sanity untouched...




Disclaimer: This peppy little blog does not intend to insult anybody and is purely for entertainment purpose..




Comments

  1. Heyyy Chanda...it's awesome...uve actually put on paper most of the mom's sentiments too�� we surely could have had "better" days too and gosh�� with toddlers and under aged kids its getting more challenging these days! Hang in there girl...try to fi f some pleasure in what ure doing, like when u sneak under the table and all...�� spend longer time in the shower...tuck that little one to bed early so what you can enjoy a nice movie or a drink����
    Lots of love and stay safe��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kev, thanks for the comment and I'm glad you loved it..As for the little one, he just hates to sleep, despite several attempts..I will talk more about it in another blog..Till then, take care and stay safe..

      Delete
  2. U said it all dear..๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eiish too much to do list.. so true no 'me time '

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed not much of 'me time' during this lock down, thus driving us crazy..

      Delete
  4. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello why is it only about mum's ? Well I do appreciate, no doubt on what you said.
    it will be also more appreciable to not forget about dads! Some help to do the household chores!
    Thanks... Wonderful article ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Shehzad, I am sure the dads are of quintessential assistance during this lockdown..but I was speaking more from some moms' perspective..thanks for reading and stay safe..

      Delete
  6. Can underetand your issues very well.any people are ind. But still

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ye well said... Beaucu dimoune Dan mem bato.. But still I believe it will make you stronger once this Corona virus thing is over..

    Manz r li chanda..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure...Corona has indeed made us better soldiers..Thanks and stay safe..

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep Deprivation

PMSing